Bikram & Paleo Challenge: Week 1

Results at a Glance


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


Kellee's Progress: So far I've lost 8 pounds since starting the challenge. I know this is probably mostly water weight, but I'm still happy to see it go!!

Cam's Progress: So far Cam has gained 3 pounds. We're still finding a balance with eating paleo and making sure we both have enough nutrients and vitamins every day as well as good fats!

What We Learned Last Week


{Photo by Lululemon}

Kellee: Most of the our "cants" are actually fears. I've been scared of going into camel completely. I know my spine can handle it (back bending in half moon is my favourite!), but I kept telling myself I "couldn't do it because of my anxiety." It's true camel brings up a lot of emotion in me (and others), and definitely makes me a bit dizzy after, but as soon as I made up my mind that I COULD do it, I did... and it felt amazing. I wanted to cry afterwards I was so happy!

Cam: Slow down and breathe; it's not always about rushing into it and being perfect from the beginning. You need to breathe, slow down, think while you are doing. Also, hydration means more than just drinking water; electrolytes are key as drinking tons of water isn't going to help you from cramping in the hot room. Make sure to have plenty of cocowater, gatorade, lemon/sea salt in water, or whatever you chose as your electrolyte of choice.

This Week's Pose


{Photo by Bikram Yoga Vancouver}
Half Moon Pose with Hands to Feet Pose will be our focus this week. After Bishnu Gosh day Cam and I are incredibly sun burnt, so we've had to stay out of the room for a few days. I'll be back at it tomorrow though! Yay! Check back next Wednesday for what we learned from this week's pose, and tips we've learned from the teachers in class.

Enter to Win a Class Card c/o Bikram Yoga Vancouver:
Entry Number Two!

If you think you missed out on last week's entry chance, never fear! You have until August 31st to enter, and we'll give you a new way every Wednesday!

To Enter:
{1} Fill out the form below for 1 entry


{2} "Like" P+L on facebook and fill out this form for 1 entry

{3} Follow @PirateAndLilac on Twitter and fill out this form for 1 entry

{4} Scan posters at the BYV Kitsilano or West End locations with your iphone or andriod for 1 entry.

Next Wednesday we'll be posting more paleo meals, and what we've been doing to keep up our calories for class! I've been working hard on getting Pirate+Lilac's shp up and running as well, so stay tuned for news about the launch date!

Until tomorrow...

This entry was posted on Thursday 12 July 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Bikram & Paleo Challenge: Week 1”

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! We read & treasure every one <3