Thrifting Haul: Salvation Army, Vancouver


{Cam's thrifted treasures: a green plaid shirt, and a DVS green windbreaker}

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Cam + I went thrifting at Salvation Armys around Vancouver. We ended up with a pretty decent haul! I found a white lace dress (like I mentioned in my wishlist post, a white bird blouse, and a retro-looking dress in bright colours! Cam was on a green kick and ended up with 2 green jackets (special score: a DVS jacket, brand new!) and a green plaid shirt! He also found a couple pairs of jeans, and even ventured away from just a plain blue jean tone!

Divide and Conquer


{Thrifted bird top, Hello Kitty watch from my closet}

This strategy only works if you are with multiple people who have a sense of style similar to your own. Cam + I arrived at our first Salvation Army, and immediately went to work. Cam concentrated on the men's section, and I gravitated to the dresses first (as I always tend to do since they are on my collections list). I had discussed a few thrifting tips with him over the past few weeks (posted every Thursday!), so we ended up going through every single item in the key sections of the store, as well as house wares, tried on our clothes, and made our purchases, all within an hour! Weeoo! Then it was off to the next "Sally Ann's" where my lace dress + bird blouse were found! Cam is the one that actually picked out the white lace dress for me, and what a good find! I'm so excited to wear it on Canada Day with my retro style bathing suit and a big floppy sun hat!!

The Haul

Item 1: Lace Dress


{No brand, but who cares! I love that it has little kick pleats so it flares out. Great for the beach!}




Styled: Yoga to Beach Goddess
Wear a white lace dress with your yoga clothes underneath, then change into your bathingsuit to hit the beach after! Or if you're daring, try a fun printed bra (or bandeau) to go out on the town!


{Lace dress thrifted, Black bandeau by Onzie (available from BYV), Sportsgirl shorts from my closet, Studded purse thrifted, Earrings available on our June Giveaway, Black and silver bracelets, and feather headband from my closet}


{Win the shoes styled with this outfit on our June giveaway}


{Win the earrings styled with this outfit on our June giveaway}

Item 2: Bird Blouse







Styled: BBW = Beautiful Business Woman
I paired this bird print with a subtle polka dot cardigan and high waisted skirt which (I know you can barely see it! I'm saving up for a good camera!!) also has a bit of a ruffle effect at the top of the waist. To finish it off, I also added a ruffed briefcase and my favorite hello kitty watch (so I don't feel too grown up!). You could also add a blazer instead of a cardigan, but for myself that would be way too overdressed for work at the yoga studio!


{Bird blouse thrifted, Polka-dot cardigan by Garage, High waisted skirt by Dynamite, Thin black belt by Bebe, Glasses by Kata, Hello Kitty watch by Sanrio, Ruffled briefcase thrifted}



Item 3: Leaf Dress



Styled: Rocker-A-Go-Go
I added some rocker flair to this 60's inspired dress with leather boots, a black waist belt, a bandana to tie around my hair, and a necklace from Classic Hardware.


{Outfit: Leaf Dress thrifted, Black leather waist belt from my closet, Black leather boots from my closet. Accessories: Necklace by Classic Hardware, Pink bandana (to tie in hair) from my closet}



Cam's off to Vancouver Island to visit family, and I already miss him. We were laughing earlier today about the fact that we have never spent more than a few days apart from each other in 2 years... It's going to be weird sleeping alone in bed tonight! Pirate better be ready for some cuddles...

How would you style these 3 items? Until tomorrow... xoxo

This entry was posted on Tuesday 19 June 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Thrifting Haul: Salvation Army, Vancouver”

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! We read & treasure every one <3