Manic Monday: Schedule Books


{Photo by Jef Fisher}

Oh, time management. Such an important skill, but one I find gets the best of me on a regular basis. Even today is a good example, as I had planned for Cameron and I to drive to Delta, BC and do a little thrifting adventure, as well as visit the bird sanctuary. I didn't, however, take into account the fact I had 2 appointments in the morning, plus this blog post to edit before I could even set myself on the path to thrifting glory. So, we've decided to nix the Delta plans until a later date, and instead are going to conquer 2-3 Salvation Army thrift stores in our area, as well as take a walk out in the sunshine! We've had such terrible weather in Vancouver lately, that any sight of sun makes us pretty giddy! Do you get upset when your plans get derailed, or do you just go with the flow?

Print vs Digital


{Just a few of my various notebooks that I use on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis.}

I don't know what I would do without my various scheduling devices. I use google calendar for keeping track of my work schedule and social plans, and I have a blogging binder full of plans and inspiration. There's also another binder full of healthy recipes and tips, and a notebook I keep in my purse for thrifting notes. Then there's a notebook I've plastered with healthy photos of people I admire both physically and style wise, as well as my workout and yoga schedules. Other than that, I have multiple spiral notebooks full of everything from my budgets, to post ideas, to websites I want to remember! I've always had a love for books, so I end up collecting notebooks and journals that I think are pretty or interesting. I know I'll end up using it eventually! Sometimes it gets a bit annoying having everything spread over so many volumes of hand written pages, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a method to my madness, even if I am the only one who sees it! I'd rather be able to go back over hard copies, and read my own writing, see my own sketches and thoughts across a page... Digital text just doesn't do it for my visual mind when it comes to creative activity planning like blogging, styling, etc. What about you, do you prefer notebooks or digital schedules? Do you use a combination of the two like I do?

Time for Cameron and I to take off and thrift it up! Hopefully we don't come home empty handed!

Have a lovely evening! Until tomorrow... xoxo

Don't forget to enter our June Giveaway!!

This entry was posted on Monday 18 June 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Manic Monday: Schedule Books”

  1. I'm a hybrid, too! I like Microsoft Outlook for appointments because I can invite myself on my work calendar from home and vice versa. I love, love, love notebooks and have one on the go all the time for random thoughts that might be a song one day or jotting down a food idea or recording a concept from a workshop facilitator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! We read & treasure every one <3